Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Final Reflection

Final Reflection


            My blog postings were about myself and my twin brother Matthew. I wanted to try to understand why we’re as close as we are. I didn’t know if it was because we were twins, or maybe because we haven’t lived apart from each other for a long period of time. Through a lot of research and reading, I was a little disappointed. I didn’t really find a definitive answer to my question, but I did find good information.

            Through scientific research and studies, several doctors looked for reasons for different behaviors between identical and fraternal twins. Identical twins showed a lot of similarities with their traits compared to fraternal twins. Unlike the studies, Matthew and I have a lot of similarities, so that seemed to discredit those findings. Another conclusion one scientist came to, was that when identical twins had an advantage of very similar behavior because they’re the same sex. Matthew and I are different sexes, but we’re still similar. I put those findings aside and moved towards different studies and research amongst twins period.

            A study about twins was conducted when they were younger. Those findings were compared to non-twin siblings and the conclusion those doctors came to was nothing definitive. Scientists couldn’t figure out what made twins the way they are. It showed that twins are just as close as any other set of siblings that has years between them. Not only did all of this research amongst two studies and three different types of research done not answer my question, I was confused.

            After thinking long and hard and going through our lives together, I’ve come to the conclusion that Matthew and I are close because we choose to be. Nobody can give an answer as to a twin’s behavior, so that question would need to be answered based on my feelings and emotions. Once I started this project I started to spend more time with Matthew. It made me feel like I wanted to be around him more. Doing this type of project in a non-traditional way definitely helped. I had to continue to look for research and get more information. It lead me to a lot of information I didn’t know about twins at all, but it also made me even more closer to my brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment